2014 was a year that saw the Wii U finally start to develop it's base of games to be the leader as far as quality games goes among the three main consoles, which makes sense due to it being a year older than the XBox One or the Playstation 4. So, which games am I looking forward to the most in 2015? Well, that's what this is all about.
First off, I'm going to say that I don't have an XBox One and have no plans to get one. So these games are going to be spread among the 3DS, Vita, Playstation 4, and the Wii U, all of which I own. Don't worry, there's nothing exclusive to the XBox One that we know of for 2015 that I feel like I'm missing out on right now anyway. So, with all of that being said, how about I get started?
Majora's Mask 3D
I'll be honest, the only version of Majora's Mask I've ever owned has been the Gamecube version, and that one had a ton of bugs. It's going to be great to play this game without the fear of it suddenly freezing and taking 2 hours of my life away. Anyway, this game is coming fast, and it looks like it will be incredible. I still haven't heard what the new things will be in this version, but I'm sure that the saving system will be fixed up a bit, it would be a mistake to not fix that. Other than that, just the updated graphics and this being a game that's a lot harder to get a hold of than Ocarina of Time makes this a remake worth getting excited for.
The Legend of Zelda Wii U
This was the only game I could follow Majora's Mask 3D with. I mean, if you've seen the gameplay footage and any of the other footage, then you know how amazing this game looks. A beautiful world with some minor common sense mechanics thrown in (the horse not running into trees is one of those duh things, but had never been done before). Also, the bullet time thing when jumping from the horse looks cool. There's still a ton of mystery within this game, but from what we do know, it looks nothing short of amazing. That overworld map looks absolutely huge, the questions about Link and the tunic, and just the overall progression is mostly unknown, but it will be exciting to learn each new thing that comes.
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
This is another game that we don't know a ton about, but has had some light shed on it. I won't spoil any of those things, but one commonly known thing is that Nate's main companion in this is going to be his older brother. When I saw the original trailer for the game, I thought it was going to be the last Uncharted game and that the name referred to Nate, but now, just a theory on my part, it looks like it relates more to his brother. With the hype this game is generating, I can't imagine that it would be the last one.
Silent Hills
I guess it isn't confirmed that this game is going to come out in 2015, or even on the Playstation 4, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it will be. The game looks absolutely amazing, and PT was nothing short of an incredible experience, especially for what was essentially a demo of sorts. Kojima, del Toro, and Silent Hill....this could be something amazing.
No Man's Sky
While I'm not the biggest fan of totally open world games, which this looks like, this one looks like something completely beyond that. This isn't an open world, it's an open universe. At very least, this looks like one of the most ambitious games that I have ever seen. I can't wait to get my hands on it and see everything that it is.
Star Fox
No real name given to it yet, but we do know that it will be released before Zelda Wii U in 2015. I loved the first game in the series, and Starfox 64 was a classic to me. While there are plenty of games along the same lines, there is no game that has the same charm and feel as Star Fox. Also, I'll admit that I loved Star Fox Adventures, although I hope this one is more along the lines of the first two games.
Splatoon
While I don't play multiplayer a ton, this looks like the type of game that could be a ton of fun for anyone looking for a good time with a few friends. It isn't "cool" enough to have violence and blood, instead it will rely on charm and gameplay to entertain those who play it, in my opinion, doing it the right way.
Citizens of Earth
While I'm sure the actual story and such will be much different, the charm and visuals of this game really remind me of Earthbound. I'm not a huge fan of RPGs, but this one may be a lot of fun.
The Order 1886
A third person shooter taking place in the 19th century. It looks like this is going to have a lot of great gameplay elements as well as a great look at an alternate history of London in that time period.
Doom 4
I'm willing to give any Doom game a try, and considering that they are rumored to have scrapped the last Doom due to it not being good enough (like they should have with Duke Nukem Forever), I feel like this, at very least, won't be a huge letdown.
Rime
This game looks incredible. It looks like an adventure game inspired by ICO. However, the visuals look much brighter and more cheerful. I can't wait to learn more about this game and eventually get my hands on it. There seems to be a lot of different elements to it to hopefully make it a great adventure.
Just Cause 3
Just Cause 2 is one of my favorite games from last generation, and I've never played the first. However, if Just Cause 3 is anything close to Just Cause 2, then it will be an incredible game.
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
I really like the Metal Gear Solid series, and while I do think that there tends to be a bit much as far as the cutscenes go (and I loved Heavy Rain and love the Uncharted series), I still love the story behind these games and just love the games in general.
Batman: Arkham Knight
Arkham Asylum was great, Arkham City was amazing, and Origins was good, not as good as the other two, but still good. Hopefully Arkham Knight can use everything this generation has to offer and add to the previous games in the series with that.
The Last Guardian
I'd say it has to come at some point, but then again, I've been thinking that for the last half decade. I do think that it will come sometime, and I do think there is a chance of us seeing it in 2015. Is it likely? I am thinking no, but I really don't know. Anyway, I am very excited for this game, whenever it comes out.
So there's 15 games to look forward to in 2015. Of course there will be more games worth checking out and more will be announced as the year goes on, but right from the start it looks like 2015 is going to be a very good year for gaming.
No comments:
Post a Comment